- Be reliable, stable, and trustworthy.
- Love your family.
- Identify the problem and focus on the solution.
- Continue to grow emotionally and spiritually throughout your life.
- Be a good friend; be the friend someone can count on.
- Welcome your children’s friends into the family.
- Do the right thing.
- Work hard … it precedes the fun…and then play hard!
- Face unpleasant tasks head on…you’ll get the reward.
- Be the flame on a candle — continue to give to others without diminishing yourself.
As my siblings phrased it—we are “painfully aware of everything in life that makes our times together too short and draws our focus on things that take away from the joy of the good times we did get to have and how bittersweet it is that we don’t get to have more.”
May these words be a merit for my father, Yoel Meir ben Simcha.