In my last post, I mentioned taking small actions toward my goal. The way I make sure I take those small, measurable actions is by creating a weekly action plan. I keep my plan to 5-10 items. Then I share this list with a buddy, so that I am accountable to someone. Here’s my home-grown procedure:
- On Sunday, type up a list specific actions and due dates.
- For example, “Balance checkbook by Friday, March 19.”
- Copy the list into an email to my buddy at the beginning of the week.
- Print the list and post it near my computer.
- As I complete each task, check it off and enter the date completed.
- If I cannot complete an item, note date and reason.
- On the following Sunday, send my buddy an update.
- Back to Step 1.
Try out this method. Let me know how it works for you.